Program Highlights 2011
"Through the FinTech program we were able to quickly build important relationships with some of the biggest financial institutions in the world, as a directly result we are now able to grow faster and deliver on our mission sooner"
— Jeff Stewart, CEO of Lenddo
"Aqumin's selection to participate in the FinTech Innovation Lab greatly facilitated the introduction of our new 3D visual interpretation technology to key customers. Over the past 10 weeks we have developed significant new and ongoing relationships and have engaged in initial PoCs with several of the mentor banks which will continue post-FinTech. As a direct result, Aqumin is on its way to building a strong New York City presence drawing upon the outstanding capital and talent resources available in this great city."
— Michael Zeitlin, CEO & Co-Founder, Aqumin
"The ability of FIL to put us in front of senior (CIO-level) decision-makers at some of the largest financial services companies in the world was phenomenal. This gave us an opportunity to build some great relationships, validate our product with actual customers and ultimately provided us an opportunity to sell them on the value of our offering with the aim of making them customers. Customer relationships aside, the program also granted us access to incredibly useful advice from successful entrepreneurs and investors by way of interactive panels and close mentorship. Overall, the insights and feedback we received over the course of the program made FIL an extremely valuable experience."
— Anand Sanwal, CEO & Co-founder, CB Insights
Select Leadership Program panel topics included:
- Lessons learned from successful fintech entrepreneurs
- Regulatory/compliance challenges
- Opportunities in mobile banking
- Trends in retail banking
- How to operate and sell at scale
- Licensing & fundraising
Select guest speakers included:
- Cristobal Conde Former President & CEO, SunGard
- Jamie Dimon CEO, JPMorgan Chase
- William Eisenbeis Senior Industry Executive, Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe
- Rob Hegarty Managing Director, Global Head, Thomson Reuters
- Sunil Hirani Founder and Former CEO, Creditex
- Henry Kravis Co-Chairman & Co-CEO, Kohlberg Kravis & Roberts & Co.
- Steven Rubinow CIO and Head of Innovation, NYSE Euronext
- Robert Steel Deputy Mayor for Economic Development, City of New York
- Patrick Wack Former CEO, IntraLinks
- Fred Wilson Managing General Partner, Union Square Ventures
- Senior Representative The Federal Reserve Bank of New York