Applications for the 2021 program are now closed.
Who should apply?
- Early- and growth-stage technology companies with innovative solutions for financial institutions and insurance companies.
- Non-fintech, growth-stage companies interested in serving financial services and insurance clients
- Companies interested in collaborating with the Lab’s financial institution partners. Historically, companies in the Lab have ranged in stage from Seed to Series B.
- Companies with a solution that can be tested and deployed.
- Proven track record of successfully integrating with customers.
- If selected, core members of the company must participate virtually during New York working hours for the 3 months of the program (April-June).
In surveying the CTOs/CIOs of Lab’s partner organizations, the business priorities centered on a few major themes for financial institutions and insurance companies.
Specific areas of interest for financial institutions are (but not limited to):
- Cloud: cloud management and migration at speed, security, multi-cloud, and cloud UI/UX
- Cyber-Tech: cyber resiliency, security, and fraud detection
- Data: predictive analytics, synthetic data, and alternative sources to inform business decision making, visualization, and automation
- Digital Engagement: digital client and partner engagement including customer acquisition and experience, and product customization
- Enterprise IT: solutions addressing IT and engineering needs including DevOps, low and no-code automation, engineering efficiencies, application portfolio rationalization and management
- Future of Work: collaboration among stakeholders in the remote work environment including virtual deal management, talent development, and organizational management
- Sustainability: environmental, social, corporate governance (ESGs), financial health and inclusion, and diversity and inclusion programs
Specific areas of interest for insurance companies are (but not limited to):
- Automation: tech enabled smart processing across underwriting, policy servicing and claims management
- Collaboration: enhanced connectivity between for carriers, agents, brokers, third-party administrators, re-insurers to create a more seamless front-end experience for the consumer between those areas.
- Client experience: tools enabling differentiated experience based on segmentation, needs and customer journey including value-added services, delivery, engagement and servicing platforms
- Data: sourcing, managing and utilizing data and analytics across marketing, underwriting, claims, and new product offerings
- Risk: identification, quantification and mitigation of risk including emerging (cyber, climate, new products) and longer-term horizon risk
Solutions to these areas can incorporate AI/Machine Learning, Mobile, Robotic Process Automation and other technologies. In general, there is an interest in more immediate term solutions rather than longer term innovation investments.
There is no fee to apply. For those companies accepted into the program, the
Lab takes a small amount of warrant coverage.