The FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific is an annual accelerator program run by Accenture in collaboration with Hong Kong Cyberport and the world’s top financial institutions. Going into its tenth year, the APAC Lab is back and accepting applications now!
We are looking for growth-stage companies that have developed cutting-edge technology products targeted at the financial services sectors. Join us to explore your FinTech evolution as the Lab brings together innovators, leaders from financial institutions, regulators, investors and many others in order to accelerate the FinTech growth and adoption in the region.
We run the program from Hong Kong in a trusted, collaborative and non-sales environment. Our annual accelerator program is your opportunity to work with potential future customers to test your product market fit, gain unique insights into the financial services industries, and build strong relationships.
The program will run in a hybrid format this year with a combination of virtual and in-person meetings, along with the normalization in the post-covid era. The finalists are expected to be in Hong Kong physically to participate in the Welcome Reception on 16 May 2023.
Why Join FILAP 2023?
- Free to join and zero equity taken: There is no fee or equity stake required to apply and participate in the FinTech Innovation Lab.
- Access: Provides growth-stage technology companies with unparalleled access to senior executives at the world’s leading financial institutions.
- In-House Advocate: Senior Sponsors at each organization provide fintech companies with deep engagement and help them to build connections with relevant product/business/tech groups.
- Mentorship: An independent group of mentors levering their experiential knowledge to provide specialist support to each fintech company.
- Network: A powerful network of relationships with key decision-makers in financial services, including access to our entrepreneur network, VCs, alums, legal mentors, business mentors and Accenture’s broader ecosystem.
- Long-Term Support: Ongoing connection to our financial services partners through alumni calls and participation in future programs.
Who Should Apply?
- Growth-stage technology companies with innovative solutions for financial institutions and insurance companies.
- Non-fintech, growth-stage companies interested in entering the financial services vertical.
- Companies with a product/service that is ready to be tested with a large financial institution and a proven track record of successfully integrating with customers.
- Hong Kong, Greater Bay Area (GBA) companies or overseas companies interested in expanding business in the APAC region.
What Are Our Focus Areas?
The APAC Lab is seeking companies leveraging innovative technologies in 3 major streams.
Data & AI
- How might we better organize & leverage data to drive intelligent decision-making?
- How might we leverage AI in a walled regulated business?
Compliance & Risk
- Is there a comprehensive regulatory compliance solution that provides the full global bank access to all applicable LRRs across multiple jurisdictions and banking functions (e.g. asset management, securities, banking).
- Besides, from the KYC perspective, the solution interface allows integration of various Bank systems or data from control and monitoring systems such as Anti-Money Laundering systems, Screening Systems and Risk Assessment to ensure operation teams will get a singular view of the Legal Entity.
GBA Service Provider
- How might financial institutions leverage FinTech solution to provide seamless services to GBA customers remotely?
- How might insurance companies provide customers with cutting-edge solutions & experiences – every bit as sophisticated and customized as they experience in their personal lives?
- How are new technology innovations reshaping healthcare experiences of the future
- How can financial institutions leverage tokenization and extended reality to drive revenue creation from enhanced products and services?
- How can financial services providers address the shift in consumer behaviour to enhance customer loyalty?
Sustainability & Green Finance
- How might we support financial institutions to better understand climate risk in Asia-Pacific, and unlock green finance value propositions for their customers?
Whilst the above themes are the priorities for the FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific in 2023, there will still be consideration given to applications that do not immediately fit into these themes but present a compelling and innovative solution for financial services.
Interested in being a part of the 2023 cohort? Apply now here!
If you have any questions, please do reach out to [email protected], and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that helps the world’s leading businesses, governments and other organizations build their digital core, optimize their operations, accelerate revenue growth and enhance citizen services—creating tangible value at speed and scale. We are a talent and innovation led company with 738,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Technology is at the core of change today, and we are one of the world’s leaders in helping drive that change, with strong ecosystem relationships. We combine our strength in technology with unmatched industry experience, functional expertise and global delivery capability. We are uniquely able to deliver tangible outcomes because of our broad range of services, solutions and assets across Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Operations, Industry X and Accenture Song. These capabilities, together with our culture of shared success and commitment to creating 360° value, enable us to help our clients succeed and build trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° value we create for our clients, each other, our shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.Apply Now