Applications are now open till July 10, 2020.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific is open to all companies, regardless of size, provided you can tick the following boxes:
- Early- and growth-stage technology companies with innovative solutions for financial institutions and insurance companies
- You’re not already an established or well-known technology business in financial services
- You have a minimum alpha or beta product to demonstrate and are prepared to share access to programme partners under NDA (and where reasonable, for no additional cost)
- Your senior leadership can commit to be available for the virtual interactions of 80% of the 10-week programme activities
- You can show that access to senior-level executives in the financial services firms will have a meaningful impact on your growth prospects
The health and safety of all stakeholders, including participating start-ups are of our highest priority. We are aware of the current pandemic and we will follow directions from international health organizations, local governments as well as Accenture’s own safety and security protocols to ensure that the programme will continue in the format and manner that safeguard the best interest of our stakeholders. The programme will be held in person in Hong Kong should situation allows, otherwise, virtually.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Your company solutions focus on one of the following problem statements (but not limited to):
- Data & Analytics: Financial institutions store massive amounts of customer data on their legacy systems. These legacy systems are not optimized for today’s digital economy and restrict the financial institutions’ ability to get value out of this data. How might we improve financial institutions’ ability to extract the most value from their customer data? Examples may include: lead generation; cross/up selling; better and more personalized services/experiences; improving fraud detection, improved regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Digital Banking: The Hong Kong Monetary Authority is using the award of 8 virtual banking licenses as a catalyst to instigate digital banking transformation. Traditional banks are likely to lose customers to the new virtual banks that offer a better customer experience whilst virtual banks may struggle to secure a large share of high-value transactions, as traditional banks currently enjoy high levels of customer trust. How might we help traditional banks provide more customer-centric experiences and help virtual banks gain customer confidence for high value transactions?
- Health Insurance Ecosystem: The provision of health care in Hong Kong is very fragmented, with little co-ordination between different ecosystem parties (e.g. insurer, provider etc). As a result, the health insurance ecosystem in Hong Kong generally provides a poor customer experience with little to no digitization. Digitally savvy customers with the health insurance ecosystem are quick to migrate their business to a company that offers a better end-to-end customer experience. How might we introduce innovation to transform the health insurance ecosystem in Hong Kong and provide a significantly improved end-to-end customer experience?
- Intelligent Automation: Financial institutions are heavily regulated and tend to rely on tried and tested, legacy processes and technologies. Therefore, financial institutions are generally far behind their peers in the level of intelligent automation they implemented in both their customer-facing and back end process. Further, to have a material impact in Hong Kong, intelligent automation solutions need to work in multiple languages (Cantonese, Chinese, English). Recent updates to regulations in both banking and insurance encourage new market entrants (virtual banks and insurers) that are not incumbered by legacy processes/technologies. Many of these new market entrants expect to gain market-share from traditional financial institutions by using intelligent automation to provide a much better customer experience at a much lower cost. How may we help traditional financial institutions implement multilingual intelligent automation solutions, such that they can compete with new market entrants?
- Emerging Technology: FinTechs in this area offer technologies and solutions that are applicable across multiple financial services, including but not limited to chatbots, artificial intelligence, and blockchain.
There is no fee to apply.